Want to send over $1000 to your Shakepay account? If the amount you want to send is too high for an e-Transfer, then you can use our wire transfer feature.
The wire transfer feature is enabled on all fully verified accounts.
Note: Once you initiate the wire transfer from your bank, it can take up to two working days for the wire to be credited to your Shakepay account.
Step 1: Save your bank account details
- From the main page of the mobile app, click on the Add Funds button and select Wire Transfer.
- You will be asked to enter your bank account details.
Note: For personal Shakepay accounts, we can only accept wire transfers coming from your personal bank account under your own name. For business Shakepay accounts, we can only accept wire transfers coming from your corporate bank account. We can only accept wires made in CAD.
Step 2: Create a wire request
- Click on Create wire transfer request.
- From here, you can select the wire transfer amount you wish to make, and the bank account from which it will be sent, and click on continue.
- You will be asked to confirm that the information entered is correct, and then you will be redirected to the instructions page.
- The next page will show you Shakepay's bank account details, along with a reference code to include in order for you to go to your bank and make the wire transfer!
Managing your saved bank accounts:
- From the wire transfer page, click on View bank accounts.
- From here, you can view the list of bank accounts you have saved, and add a new one.
- To delete a bank account that has been saved, select it from the list and you will be given the option to remove it.