It is best practice to upgrade to using an Authenticator app based 2FA to increase the security of your Shakepay account. You also benefit from being able to access 2FA codes when you travel.
Enabling 2FA with an Authenticator app
Head to the settings page within the Shakepay app
Click "Security & privacy"
Toggle the Authenticator app button
Click "Copy Secret"
6. Open the Authenticator app that you downloaded from your phone's app store (Google authenticator in our example)
7. Click "Add a code"
8. Click "Enter a setup key"
9. Enter "Shakepay" as the Account name
10. Paste in the secret that you copied from the Shakepay app into the "Key" field
11. Click "Add"
12. Your Shakepay code has now been added to the Authenticator app but we still need to link it to your Shakepay account, these codes expire every 30 seconds.
13. Click on the code when a new one generates (In our example, click the 396 117)
14. Head back to the Shakepay app and click "Next"
15. Enter the copied code from the authenticator app into the field below
16. Click "Confirm"
17. You will now see the Authenticator app button as green.
Congratulations, you've now enabled TOTP (time based one time passwords) as your means of 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication).
You will use these codes when logging into your account in replacement of the SMS text message codes you were receiving previously.
I think someone has access to my card details, what should I do?